I’ve been using raw honey as a face cleanser for the past month and it’s been the softest and clearest my skin has felt in a long time (maybe ever in my adult life?!). I used to apply it as a face mask, which I liked, but after struggling to find a good exfoliating face wash, I turned to the slightly grainy natural honey I had in my kitchen and didn’t look back.
I wash my face with it in the evening every other day or any day that I wear makeup (which typically only happens a couple times a week), after removing my makeup with a baby wipe and micellar water, I cleanse with raw honey.
Reasons honey makes a great cleanser:
- It’s naturally antibacterial
- It’s anti-inflammatory
- It’s great for sensitive skin
- It can remove dirt without messing with your natural oil balance — leaving your skin more hydrated than other face washes
- It acts as a gentle exfoliant
- It’s super affordable compared to a lot of green/natural beauty cleansers — even for the fancy organic and raw stuff
I love using honey as a face wash because it leaves my skin feeling clean, soft, and hydrated — more than any cleanser I’ve ever used. I also love that’s it’s just one ingredient, no weird chemicals, just nature. Thank you bees! Sure, it’s sticky, but it WORKS.
How to do it:
1. Splash your face with warm water.
2. Take a small scoop of honey (about a teaspoon) and rub it onto your face in circular motions, scrubbing a little.
3. Rinse with warm water until completely clear of honey.
4. Moisturize as usual.
Have you tried washing your face with honey? Let me know your thoughts!