A pick-me-up with holiday vibes, this chai has coffee (hence the “dirty”), chai spices like cardamom, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves, and coconut milk for a rich and frothy (and dairy-free) touch.
I originally prepared this chai for a Vitamix brunch at FeedFeed‘s new Brooklyn space, which was gorgeous.
I made this recipe in a Vitamix Explorian machine, and used it to heat up drink running it on high for 4-5 minutes. If you don’t have a Vitamix, you can mix everything in you blender and transfer to a saucepan to heat up over a medium-low heat until warmed through. Enjoy with a sprinkle of cinnamon on top.
Coconut Dirty Chai
A warming vegan/dairy-free coffee-based drink with chai spices.
- 1 cup (8 oz) coconut milk
- 1 cup (8 oz) filtered water
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- pinch ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder or extract
- 1 tablespoon maca optional
- 1 ½ - 2 cups (12-16 oz) brewed coffee (depending on desired strength)
- 2-3 tablespoon maple syrup/honey
Put all ingredients in a Vitamix (I’m using the Explorian machine). Blend on high for 4-5 minutes until warm.
This recipe was made in a Vitamix Explorian machine.